Welcome to the School of Community Ministry @ Missional University!
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound. (Isaiah 61:1)
If you have a God given desire to restore hope to the masses and become all God intended you to be through your personal ministry of sharing your faith and demonstrating God's love in service to your community, then the School of Community Ministry is for you!
In the School of Community Ministry you will focus on social service combined with sharing a gospel witness -- while serving the needs in society by:
- understanding society, culture, and Christian social responsibility from a biblical perspective
- serving diverse social needs in the context of redemptive relationships
- serving diverse health needs while demonstrating God's love and compassion
- ministering to incarcerated and released offenders and their families
- serving the needs of economically-challenged communities
- communicating a gospel witness using various tools and media in diverse cultural settings
The School of Community Ministry has online programs that lead to a Certificate in Community Ministry, an Associate of Community Ministry degree, a Bachelor of Community Ministry degree, and a Master of Community Ministry degree that will equip you to serve in the mission of God.
Our Course Subject Areas
- CJS = Criminal Justice
- CMT = Community Transformation
- CTH = Creative Therapy
- FCS = Faith Community Services
- FFI = Financial Fraud Investigation
- HLT = Health Studies
- MFA = Military Family Advocacy
- PCC = Pastoral Care & Chaplaincy
- PSS = Public Safety & Security
- PSY = Psychology
- SWK = Social Work
- YFM = Youth & Family